Cambrian Hill is a former mining village approx 10 km south of Ballarat. It is close to the Yarrowee River, which ultimately becomes the Leigh River before entering the Barwon. In the mid-1860s Cambrian Hill was described as a postal hamlet with agriculture, grazing, alluvial mining and three hotels. A school was opened in 1867. Nowadays, this school (Cambrian Hill Primary 920) was sold in 2016 as a Luxury Heritage Lifestyle Estate after a major renovation. Cambrian Hill offers easy access into Delacombe Town Centre (approx. 7kms), Sebastopol and Ballarat for shopping, schools, and dining experiences, while also providing easy commuting distance to Buninyong (approx. 9kms) and then through to Geelong. (approx. 70 minutes drive).