Haddon is a rural/residential village 16 km south-west of Ballarat city and approx. 10km West of Delacombe Town Centre. The area was first known as Sago Hill or Campbell’s Diggings, and by 1870 Sago Hill had been renamed to Haddon. Haddon is home to a primary school and to the rear a kindergarten and the Golden Plains Northern Community Centre. The Haddon Recreation Centre is directly attached to the school, while a General store, the Fire Brigade and the Ballarat Kart Club all have wonderful members, supporters, volunteers, and patrons. Haddon has a popular nursery which is set on 5 acres surrounded by beautiful gardens, pathways, and picnic tables along with a shop and cafe. Haddon has a great community spirit.
- Haddon Primary School
- Haddon Recreation Reserve