How do I know if I am getting a good sleep? A good night sleep is not just about getting the recommended hours. Although it is a start, the quality of your sleep is also very important. If you are sleeping through the night soundly and waking up feeling rested, then you are getting a good night sleep. The signs that you are not sleeping well are if you still feel tired when you wake up, you snore or gasp for air throughout the night, or you are waking up periodically before your alarm goes off.
- Stick to a sleep schedule, even on the weekends.
- Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual, and turn off electronics 1-2 hours before bed.
- Exercise daily. Come to The Peak enjoy a class, or workout on your own.
- Evaluate your room, and make sure it is cool and dark.
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.
- Avoid naps.
- Make sure to complete meals 3 hours prior to sleep.
- If possible, enjoy the sun for 30 minutes during the early morning, going for a walk or sitting outside on a porch or deck.
- Journal for 5-10 minutes in the evening, looking at your day ahead or noting any feelings or thoughts.
- If you can’t sleep, move to another room and avoid going on an electronic device or watching TV.
in Latest News